Fort Lauderdale Semi Truck Accident Attorneys
Each year over 150,000 people in America are killed or injured in a truck accident. Because of their size, truck accidents are often fatal and devastating for both the truck drivers and car passengers. The most common causes of these truck crashes are reckless driving, mechanical failures, and driver fatigue.
- Driver Fatigue
- DUI Truck Accidents
- Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Truck Driver Errors
- Distracted Truck Drivers
- Trucking Company Negligence
- Driving Hour Log Violations
- Improper Loading
- Fatal Trucking Accidents
Our truck accident attorneys will work with you to determine what happened in the crash, the cause of the crash, and identify any driver violations. If you have suffered from a truck accident injury, our goal is to provide you with complete compensation to cover both physical and emotional injury, medical costs, lost wages, and decreased earning potential.
Driving a truck poses many different types of safety considerations because of the size, ability to control a truck, and the freight you are transporting. Truck accidents can range from jackknife accidents, rollovers, underrides, and tire blowouts.
- Jackknife Accidents occur when a tractor's drive axle brakes lock up, the trailer skids and then stops at a 90 degree angle from the tractor- forming a "jackknife" shape. In a jackknife accident the driver looses all control and the end result can be a rollover.
- Rollover Accidents can happen anytime a truck is off balance, which could be more frequent than you realize. With a truck's center of gravity being much higher because of the size of the trailer, this could happen by going up or down a large hill, driving over a curb, speeding, or taking a turn too quickly.
- Underride Accidents refer to when a car gets trapped underneath a truck's trailer, often from a truck stopping or breaking and the car sliding into or under the rear trailer.
- Trucks experience Tire blowouts just like any other motor vehicle. The trouble is when a truck has a tire blowout, the consequences are more devastating. Not only do truck drivers have to try and control a vehicle weighing tens of thousands of pounds, but they also have to consider maintaining control with all the cargo in the trailer.
Ultimately whether it is a jackknife accident because of drivers' fatigue or a rollover accident because of reckless driving, you may not be able to undo the harm that's been done. However, with the right lawyer you can at least get compensation to help with the monetary expenses associated with a truck accident.
Make sure you are working with a law firm you trust and personal injury attorneys that have the experience to handle your case. Our attorneys have successfully worked on many truck accident cases and know how to help you get the maximum settlement offered.
Contact Our Florida Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, contact a personal injury and accident attorney at Babbitt, Johnson, Osborne & Le Clainche, P.A. , for help filing a claim and getting the compensation you deserve. Call us at 561.531.5983 or toll free at 888.407.5164. Serving West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Wellington and all Florida.