Ted Babbitt, car accident attorney at Babbitt & Johnson PA, wrote an article for The Palm Beach Post about driving under the influence.
He discusses Florida’s laws in regards to drinking alcohol under the influence. Here are some Florida stats:
- Someone’s blood alcohol level of greater than 0.08 means you’re driving under the influence
- A drunk driver in an accident may be responsible for punitive damages, which are not covered by insurance
- Someone who sells alcohol to someone who then drinks, drives, and causes a serious accident, can be liable
- Someone who sells alcohol to a minor and knows they are not of drinking age, can be held liable if the minor becomes intoxicated and causes an accident
- Sellers of alcohol can also be held liable if they knowingly serve a person who is addicted to drinking alcoholic beverages
To read the entire column, click here.