Ted Babbitt - Personal Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach
Ted Babbitt is a West Palm Beach personal injury attorney who has decades of experience successfully protecting the rights of injury victims. He is a shareholder at Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley.
In addition to winning personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits over the past decades in Florida, Ted Babbitt has won accolades and esteem. Since 1975, Mr. Babbitt has been a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only group limited to just 100 of the top plaintiffs’ lawyers in the country. He’s written more than 100 articles that have appeared in national and local publications, given lectures for other attorneys, chaired nearly a dozen professional committees, and been listed – for more than 20 years — in The Best Lawyers in America. All the while, he has successfully tackled some of the toughest personal injury cases in the state of Florida – and obtained numerous high-profile, multimillion-dollar recoveries for his clients.
Expert Personal Injury Representation in Florida
Mr. Babbitt has had extensive experience handling a broad range of complex injury and litigation matters, including the following:
- Aviation accidents
- Construction accidents
- Negligent security
- Product liability
- Florida negligent security
- Sexual abuse
- Wrongful death
- Watercraft accidents
Some of Ted’s Notable Cases:
- $40 million – Wrongful Death – A verdict reach in one hour on behalf of Fredchen Keller, an orphaned 13-year old boy whose mother, Rosemarie Keller, was murdered by Fred Keller, the boy’s father and Rosemarie’s husband.
- $27.2 million – Child Abuse – Settled a case for 27.2 million against the city of New York and the Diocese of Brooklyn Inc. We represented severely abused foster children. These children suffered unspeakable trauma – the most egregious injuries we’d seen in practicing law. The damages will not return the innocence of youth; we fought for them to help the victims avoid a nightmarish adulthood.
- $11.5 million – Class Action – Recovered and $80 million restored from credit reports on behalf of tenants. Working with Rod Tennyson, P.A. Babbitt & Johnson law firm has won repeated court victories against major landlords accused of gouging Florida tenants with illegal fees.
- $10 million – Defective Product – A verdict to the parents of a 19-year-old college student killed in the rollover of her Kia Sportage sports utility vehicle, a car jurors said was negligently designed. The 1995 Kia Sportage flipped over six times after the victim swerved when a car came into her lane.
- $10 million – Medical Malpractice – A settlement for a 2-year old girl from Central Florida for a brain injury suffered during heart surgery. As a consequence of improper temperature monitoring, the child suffered serious brain damage. Discovery revealed that the surgeon had not operated on a child for nearly 20 years and that no one on the operative team had done this particular operation with any frequency.
Every case accepted is handled on a contingency basis, so you won't be charged unless Ted wins.
As Seen In