Question: I had full hip replacement surgery to get my mobility back but have had complications since then and am considering surgery to fix the problem.  Do I have any legal recourse against the manufacturer for a defective device?

Answer: The best and most accurate way of knowing whether you have a valid case is to consult with a defective medical device attorney well versed in medical device cases. They handle these types of cases regularly, and can quickly tell whether a case can be brought – and what strategies may be most effective.

Medical device injuries can trigger lawsuits for a number of reasons including: improper design, faulty manufacturing or when the devices do not carry a reasonable warning of any danger it presents. Depending on the facts of the case, the suit might be brought against the designer, manufacturer, or distributor. Sometimes a suit can name all three.

Currently, one of the biggest medical device injury cases to date has been against the Stryker Corporation for its Rejuvenate and ABG II modular hip system. Patients implanted with the devices complained of injuries that were consistent with metal-on-metal injuries even though the Stryker Modular Hip System is not a metal-on-metal hip system.

As Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II lawyers, we have reviewed cases for individuals who received a defective hip implant component, or like you, suspect that may have and suffered the following:

  • Unexplained hip pain more than three months after hip replacement
  • Loosening of their artificial hip implant
  • Hip replacement revision surgery

Note: Since many hip replacement patients are unaware of the type of implant used, cases are being investigated for any individuals who have experienced problems after a surgery since 2008.

If you have been injured from a defective Stryker hip implant device, you may be able to claim compensation from the manufacturer. We encourage you to contact our Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II attorneys for a free confidential consultation and case evaluation at or (561) 375-2841. We represent clients nationwide.