Florida Medical Malpractice Attorney
Some diseases may be rare – but medical mistakes are not. Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider or a hospital fails to act with a reasonable standard of care, causing a new or aggravated injury to the patient. These mistakes can cause birth trauma, brain injury, paralysis, amputation, disability, and disfigurement. The injuries are often permanent – and, in some cases, result in death. For those harmed by a medical mistake – and their families – the physical, financial, and emotional costs can be staggering, too. They can also be an extreme hardship. Medical malpractice, unfortunately, takes many forms. Some examples include:
- Failure or delay in diagnosing a medical condition (or misdiagnosing it)
- Surgical- or anesthesia-related mishap during an operation
- Failure to disclose to the patient the risks associated with a procedure – so that ‘informed consent’ is never obtained
- Failure to manage a pregnancy or deliver a baby in a safe manner
- Failure to properly treat a medical condition after making a correct diagnosis
- Failure to administer medications properly
Through the legal system, victims of medical malpractice and their families can seek redress for their injuries – and accountability for mistakes that, in many cases, have changed their life. But medical malpractice litigation is a complicated, challenging area of the law. Plaintiffs who don’t carefully select their counsel will find that their lawyers can make mistakes as easily as their doctors. That’s why it’s essential to choose a firm that isn’t just knowledgeable in medical malpractice law, but has a reputation for experience and a record of success.
For decades, Ted Babbitt has aggressively represented victims of medical malpractice.
- Birth Injuries
- Physician Errors
- Medication Errors
- Misdiagnosis and Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer
- Plastic Surgery Malpractice
- Surgical Errors
- Foreign Object Left in Surgery
- Misreading of PAP Smear
His Florida medical malpractice firm has won national media attention both for our cases and for his insistent pursuit of more openness in the medical profession – a quest that has resulted in changes in policies and laws.
Contact West Palm Beach Medical Malpractice Attorney, Ted Babbitt
If you or a loved one has been injured due to medical or hospital negligence, contact the personal injury attorney Ted Babbitt. He is based in West Palm Beach, Florida and represent medical malpractice cases throughout the United States. Call him at (561) 375-2841. He is focused on obtaining maximum recovery after a serious injury or wrongful death caused by medical malpractice.