Ted Babbitt, Florida car accident injury lawyer, wrote an article for the Palm Beach Post on what to do immediately after a car crash.
There are specific steps you should take immediately after a car crash to ensure not only your health and safety but also your right to file a claim for compensation if the accident warrants one.
- Call the police then stay where you are
- Gather evidence– take pictures of the accident scene and gather statements from witnesses.
- Call your insurance company– you are obligated to report an accident to the insurance company.
- Seek medical help-keep records of your diagnosis, after-care instructions, medications prescribed, and follow-up visits.
- Call an attorney– if you intend to file a claim, it is best to do so under the guidance of an experienced car accident attorney.
To read the full article about what to do immediately after a car crash, click here.
Car accident cases are full of fine print and tricky details. The right attorney can help you effectively navigate these things.
Babbitt & Johnson P.A. represents car accident victims all over Florida. Call us at (561) 375-2841 or complete and submit an online form for a consultation. We will answer your questions and give you an honest assessment of your case.