Medical mistakes can be scary and life-altering as the injuries are often permanent and, in some cases, result in death. The victim is not the only one who suffers. Family members may also be harmed by medical mistakes as they shoulder the financial, physical, and emotional costs, which can be staggering.
How do you know if you – or someone you love – is a victim of medical malpractice? If a healthcare provider (such as a nurse or doctor) or a hospital fails to act with a reasonable standard of care, thus causing a new or aggravated injury to the patient, then medical malpractice has most likely taken place. If you have experienced any of the following, you may be a victim of medical malpractice:
- Failure to properly treat a medical condition after making a correct diagnosis
- Surgical- or anesthesia-related mishap during an operation
- Failure or delay in diagnosing a medical condition (or misdiagnosing it)
- Failure to manage a pregnancy or deliver a baby in a safe manner
- Failure to administer medications properly
- Failure to disclose to the patient the risks associated with a procedure – so that ‘informed consent’ is never obtained
Babbitt & Johnson has over 50 years of experience and a long record of success representing personal injury victims and their families. We have aggressively represented victims of medical malpractice or hospital negligence in the following areas:
- Physician Errors
- Surgical Errors
- Birth Injuries
- Medication Errors
- Misdiagnosis and Delayed Diagnosis of Cancer
- Foreign Object Left in Surgery
- Misreading of PAP Smears
- Medication Errors
Medical malpractice cases handled by our Florida personal injury law firm have won national media attention. Our quest and pursuit for more openness in the medical profession has resulted in changes in policies and laws.
When you select your medical malpractice attorney representation, be as judicial as you would be in selecting a doctor.
For a medical malpractice or hospital negligence consultation, contact our medical malpractice attorneys at Babbitt & Johnson. We are based in West Palm Beach, Florida and represent medical malpractice cases throughout the United States.