Making sure you hire a qualified personal injury lawyer to handle your case may be the most important legal decision that you make in your life.
Choosing an attorney to represent your personal injury case can be a hard decision, and if done incorrectly can result in the loss of your case. The first thing that you want to know about an attorney who will potentially represent you is whether that attorney actually specializes in personal injury and has a long record of success.
West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer, Ted Babbitt wrote an article for the Palm Beach Post listing important questions to ask when hiring a personal injury lawyer.
Questions to ask an attorney before hiring them for your personal injury case:
- Do you specialize in personal injury cases?
- How many personal injury cases, like yours, has the attorney handled?
- How will communication work during the case, and will you be able to speak directly with the attorney?
- What happens if you are not satisfied with an insurance company’s offer to settle?
- How you ever received disciplinary action and, if so, why?
- Do you have references from past clients?
- Do you have a website and if so, does it have a list of previous results?
- Ask about their contingency fee, as there is no “set” fee that should be charged.
Do not be afraid to ask questions and do your research. While many lawyers claim to handle personal injury cases, that doesn’t mean that they are qualified. Choosing a qualified attorney or law firm means finding one with significant experience in handling personal injury cases.
Click here to read Ted’s full article explaining what questions to ask before hiring a lawyer.
If you have been injured as a result of another person and are looking for a Florida personal injury attorney to represent your case contact Ted by phone at (561) 375-2841 or complete and submit the online form to schedule a free consultation.